This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
We're looking for an energetic and consultative Account Manager based in Sydney to cover businesses in Australia and New Zealand region. As an Account Manager at Adyen, you'll be managing relationships with international brands across multiple industries and channels in the way they received payments - so life is never dull! You will understand the unique needs of a merchant and provide them with payments expertise and guidance to help them grow.
What you'll do
- Drive business growth for your account portfolio in APAC and collaborate in a team of Account Managers.
- Work on commercial opportunities that drive margin and balance the operational/technical needs of merchants.
- Hold Merchant Education trainings and webinars and leverage those session to drive the best possible merchant experience.
- Become a payment expert for our merchants, delivering expertise, education, and guidance to merchants on their global payment strategy.
- Provide a feedback loop for Adyen, by gathering merchant's feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
Who you are
- You possess a commercial mindset, with the ability to build strong merchant relationships and help them grow while also identifying mutually beneficial opportunities to drive commercial growth
- Ability to lead a consultative payments conversations, present business reviews, and coordinate high level technical discussions
- You are comfortable with data and have analytical abilities to evaluate the performance health of their payments
- Skilled in leveraging your business acumen and can creatively problem solve to find the fit of a product feature to their business.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects across different departments, across regions, while motivating and collaborating to achieve resolution.
- Enjoy engaging others and developing strong working relationships at all levels of management
- Travel up to 30% in your role.
- 2-3 years of experience in client facing roles, account management, consulting, or a related field
- Full professional proficiency in English
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Sydney.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.