This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Why you should join the Adyen Account Management team
At Adyen, the Account Management team is critical to the growth and success of our business, as well as expanding the Adyen brand across the globe. Being part of our Account Management team, you’ll manage relationships with innovative international merchants, covering multiple industries and channels. You’ll have the opportunity to work on cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with high autonomy. You’ll become an expert in the global payments landscape and level up your skills through our AM Academy.
We are looking for a proactive and adaptable Account Manager to join our team in New York The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a hands-on mentality; someone who is eager to help the world’s biggest brands grow while changing an industry. You are excited to work with a global, multicultural team in a collaborative manner and help your team succeed. Your focus will be on delivering an outstanding customer experience, finding new opportunities, and driving mutual success for Adyen and our customers.
Senior Account Manager, Enterprise
As a Senior Account Manager at Adyen, you will manage our largest enterprise merchants by building strong relationships with key contacts. You are a born networker who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse and entrepreneurial environment. You'll be managing relationships with international contacts across multiple industries and channels. You will understand the unique needs of a merchant and provide them with payments expertise and guidance to help them grow. Power the growth of your merchants in multiple channels, through proactive advisory in Adyen’s products and services as well as the international payments landscape.
Sounds exciting? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do:
- Relationship management: Build deep trusting relationships with decision makers and executives on our most strategic accounts. Establish a global network within Adyen and work collaboratively across cultures and time zones.
- Commercial acumen: Drive commercial negotiations with customers to win new business and close complex deals, while meeting strategic and financial targets for assigned accounts.
- Strategic consultation: Act as the human dimension of Adyen’s product by delivering payments expertise and guidance to customers. Use data to tell compelling stories and position yourself as a trusted partner and informed advisor.
- Leadership: Be a senior presence and source of knowledge on the team, and help others level up through training and mentorship.
- Project management: Be proactive and prioritize across multiple projects and teams to ensure thorough execution on cross-regional projects involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Feedback: Advocate and champion for your customers internally and serve as a feedback loop to influence Adyen’s product roadmap.
Who You Are:
- Enjoy engaging others, working collaboratively, and developing strong working relationships at all levels of management
- Passionate about leading strategic payments conversations, presenting business reviews, and coordinating high level technical discussions
- Highly skilled in leveraging your business acumen and analytical abilities to align strategic goals and help customers reach them
- Proficient synthesizing complex data sets and leading with a consultative approach
- Proactive and skilled at managing multiple cross-functional projects, while motivating and collaborating with others to achieve results
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a client-facing, commercial role, like account management, consulting, or in the payments industry from a merchant side (bonus if in complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services)
- You have full professional written and verbal proficiency in English
- Some domestic and international travel required
The annual base salary range for this role is $150,000-$200,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our New York City office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.