This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice for many of the world's top merchants. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Card Scheme Operations Specialist
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with Card Scheme regulations and our risk appetite. The Card Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our customers are compliant with these regulations.
As a Senior Card Scheme Operations Specialist, you are always looking to optimise our internal processes and find scalable solutions to keep our portfolio compliant. You support strategic business growth while meeting compliance goals and mitigate non-compliance losses for Adyen and its clients. You need to work closely with different teams globally, such as Compliance, Sales, Account Management, Card Payments team, and Product.
What you'll do
- Build Essential Connections: Develop and manage a strong network with the compliance and operational teams within the Card Networks in APAC
- Risk Management Ownership: Be the main point of contact for our Scheme Operations department in APAC. Help embed a good risk culture in the first line across APAC trough proactive engagement, training and collaboration in supporting adoption of the three lines of defense model
- Process Enhancement: Proactively and systematically drive process improvements and automation on our workflows
- Manage merchants’ data security incidents from a card network perspective.
- Stay up to date of the latest Card Network requirements and Adyen product expansions. Translate this into an operational strategy for the Scheme Operations team in APAC.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Able to direct work streams across large multi-faceted teams
- Demonstrate authentic seniority and integrity, gravitas and experience in a matrixed environment, providing support to leadership by generating data and contributing with insights and mentoring peers
- Partner with peers in Scheme Operations and other functional areas (acquiring, products, sales, partnerships, risk) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Adyen’s resources
Who you are
- Extensive Experience: A minimum of 5 years experience in Risk or Compliance, within payments, fintech or financial service spaces.
- Communication Skills: The ability to effectively communicate compliance and Card Scheme Requirements to our customers and commercial teams.
- Strong writer, presenter and speaker, comfortable and ability to influence at all levels in an organization
- Detail-Oriented: You possess a meticulous and organized approach to your work.
- Self-Starter: You're someone who can take the initiative and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.