Team Lead, Account Management Pool
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Account Management Pool
Our Account Management Pool team in Berlin provides the best experience to our portfolio of mid-sized, fast-growth merchants. We achieve this using a pooled Account Management approach focusing on efficiency and proactivity, regularly reaching out to our merchants to identify additional service opportunities, such as international payment methods, fraud management services, or point-of-sale opportunities. With a strategic mindset and hands-on approach, this team drives growth and retention in our DACH portfolio as we scale.
Here are some examples of your team's responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with your team’s merchants
- Accelerate product adoption
- Consult and train key stakeholders
- Demonstrate value, drive (commercial) growth, show impact to merchants
- Work closely with the other teams to determine new features for merchants based on their needs
- Manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join our Account Management Pool team. You will build, mentor, and coach a team of account managers who are responsible for growing strategic merchant relationships and payments revenue. You are comfortable streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels. As a critical role in the continued success of our DACH operations, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen.
As the Team Lead of AM Pool, your role and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Team management: you are lucky to start with a great team and they deserve a leader, committed to help them grow and give their best. You will coach, motivate, manage workload and keep the work fair and fun; Create and maintain an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Hire, develop and retain diverse talents in line with Adyen culture and required skills: the team needs to keep growing to support our commercial and strategic ambitions;
- Lead the day to day: when needed, get involved in operational tasks and support the team in merchant escalation calls or critical negotiations;
- Co-define and monitor Commercial OKRs achievement every year on a team and individual level;
- Align and collaborate with local Marketing, Sales, Partnership & Account Management to provide outstanding Customer Experience to merchants;
- Drive initiatives and projects together with other AM Leads to strengthen our efforts towards automation, smarter usage of commercial tools and "Account Management at scale” to achieve higher productivity and increased customer satisfaction;
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing B2B role, preferably Account Management/Customer Success/Sales; and 2+ years of experience managing people and enjoying helping develop others. Experience in the Payment industry is a plus.
- You have experience in leading hiring processes and can identify talents
- You have a genuine interest and technical aptitude / understanding of our products & industry
- You like thinking big picture and scale and you want to be part of further shaping our AM Service level proposition
- You know what DEI means and you have ideas on how to take it into account in your decision-making process continuously
- You have good leadership and interpersonal skills: you listen, you have empathy, you can communicate effectively and convince when necessary
- You have a proven commercial edge and strong negotiation skills, good judgment and consultative acumen
- You are completely fluent in both German and English.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Berlin.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Il modo in cui lavoriamo è ispirato agli otto principi della Formula Adyen.
Opportunità professionali nel settore commerciale
Per i nostri clienti non siamo solo un altro fornitore di tecnologia. Siamo complici della loro crescita. Se non sei uno dei tanti leader delle vendite, un esperto di marketing o di assistenza, lavorare in Adyen può essere il percorso giusto per te.