Team Lead Machine Learning
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, eBay, GoFundMe, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Team Lead Machine Learning
Adyen is looking for a Machine Learning Lead to join our team in Madrid. In 2022 Adyen opened a tech hub in Madrid next to our headquarters in Amsterdam (NL) and another tech hub in Chicago (US). In 2023 we will start building data teams in Madrid, therefore we are looking for an individual with a founder mentality to build a team in Madrid and keeping consistency with Amsterdam. The Madrid Machine Learning Team Lead is capable of building and leading a team sitting at the cornerstone of algorithms, mathematics and engineering, a team that is tasked with solving problems by designing and implementing production-ready data science algorithms and machine learning models.
We have several teams working with machine learning. The main responsibility of each team is to research, design, implement, train, deploy and monitor products based on machine learning, either for batch prediction or real-time.
In Madrid we will be covering the areas of:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and fraud mitigation systems.
- Real-time anomaly detection based on time-series modeling.
- Clustering algorithms to group customers/shoppers.
- Supervised and semi-supervised learning methods for inference on risk patterns.
- Graph analysis and representation learning for behavior prediction and monitoring.
As Machine Learning Team Lead you will be responsible for the following:
- Building a team of data- and machine learning scientists, and helping them grow.
- Keep alignment and consistency with Amsterdam and other locations both on content and culture.
- Capable of crafting a technical strategy and roadmap for the delivery of machine learning based products, as well as its operationalization in live flows.
- Inspire, lead and energize a mixed group of high-performing engineers, including backend, frontend, machine learning, data science and analysts.
- Lead by example on technical matters and take appropriate decisions at technical level. As such we expect a thorough experience in the areas of machine learning, data science and data/ML/software engineering.
- Work very closely with a Product Manager in order to ship in time and operationalize successful products.
- Mentor, coach and grow team members, also into leadership positions if the opportunity arises.
Who you are
- You have a founder mentality, capable of creating a team from the ground-up.
- You have an experimental mindset with a launch fast and iterate mentality.
- You have experience leading technical teams in a high-performance tech environment.
- You see your role as an enabler for others and create an environment that makes the team deliver.
- You have experience developing, training, validating, benchmarking and monitoring machine learning algorithms in production flows.
- You have experience leveraging a big data framework to create the pipelines needed to feed the models with appropriate data.
- You have a good understanding of software engineering practices as well as data engineering and MLOps principles.
- You are able to communicate complex outcomes with clarity over a wide range of audiences.
- Product oriented mindset. Experience working with product managers in delivering successful products.
- Technologies: Extensive knowledge of data science and statistics techniques, toolsets and algorithms, such as e.g. Spark, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, Pandas, MLFlow or similar MLOps frameworks, Airflow.
- A strong statistics/mathematics background is a plus.
Related data positions
There are other data leadership positions available at Adyen in Amsterdam, such as the Team Lead Machine Learning or Team Lead Product Data Analyst roles.
Also take a look at our blog post around DATA ROLES and DATA CULTURE.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Do you recognize yourself in this statement? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require relocation in case you live outside of Spain.
Il modo in cui lavoriamo è ispirato agli otto principi della Formula Adyen.
I nostri ingegneri sono impegnati nella realizzazione della prima piattaforma di tecnologia finanziaria che integra pagamenti, dati e servizi finanziari. Ricerchiamo altri professionisti di talento che ci aiutino a risolvere una serie di sfide davvero inedite.