This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Our fast-paced Regulatory team is looking for a Regulatory Counsel with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, product, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth. This position will report to the Regulatory Lead in Tokyo.
What you’ll do
- Monitor regulatory developments in Japan and advise on its impact to Adyen
- Manage various regulatory requests and filings
- Analyse and advise on regulations, policies and guidance from regulators and Japan Consumer Credit Association (“JCA”) pertaining to the financial services industries in Japan
- Monitor, review and implement internal policies and procedures (including group policies) in line with Japanese laws, regulations and guidance as well as JCA rules and guidelines
- Manage and cooperate with other teams to ensure compliance strategy in Japan is appropriately updated
- Manage and control outsourcing in Japan
- Manage and control exclusion of Anti-Social Forces and privacy/security in Japan
- Prepare and provide necessary training in Japan (Installment Sales Act/Anti-Social Forces/Privacy)
- Assist and support any other matters in the Regulatory Legal Team
Who you are
- You are fully proficient in English and Japanese.
- You have at least 10 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role, legal or compliance department or within a global institution.
- You have some working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry.
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth.
- You will have solid interpersonal and communications skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- You reside in Japan.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Il modo in cui lavoriamo è ispirato agli otto principi della Formula Adyen.
Opportunità di lavoro nel settore operativo
Per sviluppare la piattaforma di tecnologia finanziaria più orientata al cliente a livello mondiale, servono il maggior numero possibile di prospettive diverse. Ricerchiamo persone che abbiano esperienze di ogni tipo e che vogliano dare il loro contributo.