This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Card Scheme Operations Analyst
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with Card Scheme regulations and our risk appetite. The Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our merchants are compliant with these regulations.
The Scheme Operations team is based in San Francisco and works closely with its counterparts in Amsterdam, Singapore, and Brazil, as well as our Compliance department in Amsterdam. You will perform compliance functions in order to meet our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements, as well as provide ongoing guidance to our Merchants, Underwriting and Commercial teams.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the registration process of Payment Facilitators, Marketplaces, and other high brand risk merchants with the Card Schemes.
- Manage non-compliance notifications from the card schemes. Partner with our Merchants, Account Managers, Card Schemes and other stakeholders to solve these cases quickly.
- Identify relevant card scheme rule updates and provide ongoing guidance to our global merchants and internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales and Account Management.
- Conduct oversight reviews of high risk merchants.
- Ensure merchants’ compliance with PCI DSS requirements.
- Develop and iterate processes to monitor our merchant portfolio against card scheme rules.
Who you are:
- An eye for identifying process improvement opportunities and an ability to proactively share feedback and ideas with management & team to help drive change
- Skilled in prioritization, Possess sound judgment and flexibility in changing courses and decisive in determining a holistic approach on key priorities
- Possess good communication and stakeholder management skills, specifically you will be able to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Previous experience of the payments industry, including Visa/Mastercard in both Card Present and Card-Not-Present environments, will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of scheme rules, with specific experience in e-commerce landscape is a plus but not required
- Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; past exposure to a high-growth company is also a plus
The annual base salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in San Francisco. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of USA.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.