This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, Platform as a Product
The Platform Engineering group is building Platform as a Product that can enable our internal engineers to autonomously build and support secure, scalable and reliable applications with high speed and quality through a common technology ecosystem. This ecosystem is required to be available always, so our merchants can process payments, always. Our products and services enable the growth of our core business, while helping engineers deliver faster with self service tools that provide an amazing developer experience.
Working closely with a technical team lead, you will be responsible for one of the products of our growing product suite. You will primarily focus on defining the product strategy and the roadmap of the team, executing the strategy and making sure all teams and stakeholders are aligned. You interact regularly with infrastructure engineers, software developers, product managers and the leadership teams from other departments.
What you’ll do
- Guide a cross-functional team to establish a roadmap that includes feasible and measurable goals.
- Serve as a leader across Adyen for supporting and driving innovative solutions and decision making.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, infrastructure teams, internal stakeholders, and partners to identify opportunities, develop effective solutions and deliver them across the finish line.
- Prioritize among different problems, making sure that imminent problems are resolved first, but the long-term is also taken care of.
Who you are
- You have a growth mindset and the thirst to learn and build great products.
- You have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager and delivered successful outcomes.
- You have enough technical fundamentals to build a platform as a product while working closely with technical subject matter experts.
- You are able to make strategic choices, taking into consideration not only business needs, but especially the technical needs as well as the needs of the team.
- You are fueled by curiosity, always on the lookout to learn how something works, whether it’s our platform’s performance, application architecture, or the scalability of our products.
- You promote strong teamwork, healthy collaboration, and inclusivity.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.