This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Data Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join one of our product teams in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be looking to leverage our Big Data infrastructure to deliver actionable insights both internally and externally. This is a very dynamic role that will have you wearing multiple hats throughout your week. You could be the technical master working side by side with data scientists on machine learning projects, the BI master that builds out dashboards for internal insights, or the product master that helps shape the products we offer in a data driven way. We will try to help you find your most effective path that will leverage your skills and interests.
- Optimize payment processing quality for the benefit of our full client base
- Build the product and deliver insights for your team and Adyen’s merchants
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists and product managers to test, iterate, and measure impact of proposed solutions
- Connect with a diverse set of merchants worldwide, and gain an in depth understanding of the most complex problems facing the FinTech world today
- Perform analyses for any internal team within Adyen if the need arises
- Provide our Sales and Account Manager teams with relevant insights to close deals or drive new volume within existing markets.
Who you are
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strike a good balance between technical and commercial understanding
- Excellent in communication of complex data or technical functionality with commercial or client teams
- Proficient in writing advanced SQL queries
- Proficient with data analysis languages such as Python (preferred), R or Matlab
- Experience with big data tooling i.e. Pyspark / Hadoop / Airflow is a big plus
- Experience with BI tools, Looker specifically, is a plus
- Knowledge of data analytics for experimentation is a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.