This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice for many of the world's top merchants. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition. For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Our fast-paced Regulatory Legal team is looking for a regulatory legal counsel with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, product, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth. This position will report to the Co-Lead of APAC Regulatory in Singapore.
What you’ll do
- Monitor regulatory developments in select APAC markets and advise on its impact to Adyen
- Manage on-going compliance obligations and respond to regulatory changes and developments
- Manage various on-going regulatory requests and filings
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders on a range of regulatory and legal matters in select APAC markets
- Represent compliance and regulatory on a variety of workstreams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives
- Support internal and external partner teams in all regulatory and legal matters
- Assist in corporate secretarial matters and liaisons with external advisors and auditors to meet compliance requirements
Who you are
- You are a qualified lawyer in a commonwealth jurisdiction (eg. Singapore, UK, Hong Kong)
- You are fully proficient in English and have some working proficiency in Mandarin
- You have at least 8 years of post qualified experience, preferably with some experience in a regulatory role (private practice or in-house) and/or within legal or compliance departments of global institutions
- You have some working knowledge of the payments and/or finance industry
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth
- You will have solid interpersonal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
- You reside in Singapore
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us? If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
La fórmula de Adyen
Nuestra forma de trabajar se rige por los ocho principios de la Fórmula de Adyen.
Oportunidades laborales en operaciones
Para diseñar la plataforma de tecnología financiera más centrada en el cliente del mundo, necesitamos tantas perspectivas diferentes como sea posible. Buscamos personas con distintos bagajes dispuestas a contribuir.