This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Platform and Financial Services
This role presents a unique opportunity to help Adyen build the future of financial & compliance technology for the world's leading companies. With our own banking licenses and infrastructure built in-house you'll have the freedom to create the newest technology driven financial services and define a new approach to manage millions of customers within multidisciplinary teams of engineers, product, data and design.
As the VP of Engineering for Platform and Financial Services, you will build, mentor, and coach a diverse, talented cross-functional team to deliver new financial services while keeping our technology scalable, reliable and secure. We strategically identify technical challenges and build solutions ourselves.
You are comfortable streamlining the team's engineering operations, refining product requirements together with product and merchants and encouraging effective collaboration. As a critical role in the continued success of our data organization, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen.
What you’ll do as the VP of Engineering
- Define the engineering strategy for growth, scalability and reliability of our Platform product
- Technical Strategy: Develop and execute the company's technical vision and roadmap, aligning it with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Leadership : Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment that encourages open communication, knowledge sharing, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Coaching and Mentorship: Have a multiplier effect by motivating team leads and provide coaching to team leads to maximize their potential and professional growth [e.g. in areas like engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, product roadmap discussions]
- Technical Excellence: Enable your engineering leads to maximizing their potential. Set and maintain high engineering standards, best practices, and coding guidelines. Foster a culture of quality, scalability, reliability, performance and ownership in all engineering efforts.
- Product Development: Drive end-to-to end product delivery, from ideation to deployment.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize initiatives, resolve conflicts, and ensure effective cross-functional communication.
Who you are
- You have directly managed and scaled large development teams - including managers of managers (preferably at a large, fast-growing global company)
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are capable of translating complex technical concepts into clear, concise language. , You communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as customers
- You are an innovative leader who is comfortable navigating uncertainty. You have strong problem-solving capabilities and a track record of implementing processes and procedures to drive efficiency and productivity.You’re curious about what our biggest merchants are facing and empathetic to solving problems that help all merchants.
- You have a strong development background
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.