Java Engineering Manager - Data Solution
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Meta, Uber, Microsoft, eBay, and Spotify.
We are looking for Engineering Managers to join our teams in Amsterdam that sit at the cornerstone of algorithms, mathematics, and engineering. Such teams include:
RevenueProtect is Adyen’s risk management solution that safeguards merchants against fraudulent shoppers. Machine Learning models can provide great performance optimizations and operational gains over our existing rule-based risk profiles.
You will build up a team of backend and frontend engineers and work in close collaboration with a sister team of machine learning engineers to integrate such models into our solution. Our goal is to offer a consistent user experience and seamless transition towards automation – all while maintaining scalable, low latency, and high accuracy risk decisions.
Previous experience integrating machine learning models into a merchant-facing product and working alongside machine learning engineers is a big plus for this team!
Account Risk Engine:
At Account Risk Engine we are building an ingenious risk engine that mitigates seller fraud for platform merchants and performs customer risk analysis for Adyen’s ecosystem. We use algorithms, data and engineering to solve problems by implementing solutions to complex products and mitigating fraud on platforms.
We have several ongoing projects in the team. Within all these projects, we take a data driven approach to expose meaningful indicators to obviate fraud. Broadly, our products are divided into the following areas:
- Score is our commercial product offering for risk management to our platform merchants. We help our merchants to combat fraud by providing them with risk analysis of each seller on their platform.
- Internal Fraud Detection is our internal service offering for mitigating fraud and preventing losses within Adyen as a platform. We ingest data from multiple sources into our risk engine to calculate the risk indicators of our customers.
- We aim to build a Unified Signaling Framework which is a flexible, extendable and customizable system to be reused by internal teams for signaling and alerting queues.
As we are expanding our teams to various tech hubs, we are looking for someone who is comfortable leading a cross border team and to travel in different tech hubs to meet the teams.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, machine learning engineers, data engineers, and other key stakeholders within the big data organization
- Outline the long term strategy for your team’s product, taking a pragmatic approach to balance trade-offs
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and providing coaching in areas such as: engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, and product roadmap discussions
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic data ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development industry in a fast paced tech environment
- An energetic self-starter experienced in creating alignment between multiple teams
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring engineering talent
- Experienced with collaborating with senior leadership to set strategic direction including product roadmaps
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical aptitude
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
La fórmula de Adyen
Nuestra forma de trabajar se rige por los ocho principios de la Fórmula de Adyen.
Oportunidades laborales tecnológicas
Nuestros ingenieros están diseñando la primera plataforma de tecnología financiera que combina pagos, datos y servicios financieros. Estamos buscando a las personas más talentosas a la hora de solucionar problemas para ayudarnos a abordar un conjunto único de desafíos.