Account Executive, Enterprise
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Account Executive, Enterprise
We are looking for Account Executive, Enterprise in our New York office to sell Adyen’s payment solutions to leading corporations — from mid-sized, domestic organizations to international companies — with a focus on retail and e-commerce/digital merchants. This role is based out of our New York office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
The ideal candidate is a born networker with a consultative mindset who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse and entrepreneurial environment. As a seed member of Adyen’s New York office, this candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Adyen’s momentum and team culture.
What you’ll do
- Become an expert and speak fluently about the dynamic space that is Payments.
- Identify and approach prospective customers, then negotiate and close deals.
- Generate new business for Adyen in areas like retail, digital, travel and gaming.
- Partner with technology leaders and solution providers, and work closely with our Sales Support, Implementation and Account Management teams.
- Travel and network. (~25%).
Who you are
- You have high levels of energy, love networking, connecting and thrive in hands-on environments.
- You are positive and passionate about whatever it is you do and have a bias for action.
- You get excited by the prospect of being a member of a start-up within a growing organization, and you have a roll-up-your-sleeves, growth hacking mindset.
- You have experience in Payments – either having worked on the merchant or service side in areas like business development and payment, account or implementation management.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and “talk straight without being rude”.
- You are an analytical, strategic negotiator with a talent for closing deals.
- You are able to manage time-sensitive projects with little supervision, an entrepreneurial track record and a proven commercial edge.
- This role is based out of our New York office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
- inter-personal relationships
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in New York, NY. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the USA.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
La fórmula de Adyen
Nuestra forma de trabajar se rige por los ocho principios de la Fórmula de Adyen.
Oportunidades laborales comerciales
Para nuestros clientes, no somos un mero proveedor de tecnología más. Somos socios en su proceso de crecimiento. Si tú no eres un mero líder de ventas, profesional del marketing o especialista en asistencia más, Adyen es la opción adecuada para ti.