Business Analyst, Merchant Finance & Treasury
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
The Merchant Finance and Treasury team is responsible for the entire money flow - from pay-in to payout - and liquidity and FX management globally. We work closely with our in-house development teams and like to solve issues fast and structurally to keep up with our growth. We also collaborate with the product teams to provide the best merchant experience, constantly scaling and improving our products through operational excellence.
As a Business Analyst in the payouts sub-team, you will be focused primarily on handling complex daily problems, playing a pivotal role in scaling the business. You will interact and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our continued business growth in a scalable, controlled and compliant way.
This is a varied, hands-on role in which your responsibilities will range from solving daily operational problems to discussing a project’s strategic direction.
What you’ll do
- Improve internal daily processes to help scale our business (more specifically, setting up Adyen for seamless payout experience towards its users, to understand and optimize this payment flow);
- Manage the project lifecycle from start to finish, ensuring that our operations teams are fully prepared to support Adyen’s growth and new financial services in a scalable and controlled way;
- Partner with our technical teams to design and automate our processes as well as having controls and monitoring in place;
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective management and communication of progress to all parties.
Who you are
- 2-5 years work experience with setting-up complex (ideally technical) projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate detailed requirements into business solutions;
- An eye for process improvement, optimisation and automation
- Experience with tools such as R and Python are a plus
- Ability to interface and cooperate seamlessly with a global team;
- Ability to lead and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment;
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Unsere Arbeitsweise basiert auf den acht Grundsätzen der Adyen-Formel.
Karriere im operativen Bereich
Um die kundenorientierteste Finanztechnologieplattform der Welt aufzubauen, brauchen wir so viele verschiedene Perspektiven wie möglich. Wir suchen nach Menschen aus allen Fachbereichen.