This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Marketing Lead, Japan
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated marketing leader with a strategic mindset to lead our Japan Marketing team. You are responsible for executing on the strategic plans for marketing and building our pipeline for Japan commercial teams!
You are comfortable working and aligning across regional and global teams, streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration, being hands-on with executing on your plans and engaging with executives at all levels. As a critical role in the continued success of our Japan operations, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen. To be successful, you will need prior experience in all areas of marketing - strategically identifying the right audience segments to focus on, building up the right messaging framework, identifying the right channels and programs to tactically implement and working closely with the sales team to generate leads and build our pipeline.
What you’ll do
- Build the overall marketing strategy for Japan, identify your marketing goals in alignment with broader commercial goals and build relationships with Japan Management Team.
- Develop and execute integrated programs to build our brand and drive consideration for Adyen, across digital channels, events, partner relationship-building, social media, webinars
- Head up the Japan marketing team as a key source of knowledge on the local B2B marketing landscape within payments, provide coaching in areas including but not limited to executing campaigns, events and content strategy as well as analyzing and reporting to optimize results.
- Set clear individual and team goals focused on acquisition growth and plan effective marketing campaigns that drive prospects through the sales funnel. Track and evaluate the impact of programs in achieving their stated objectives, report on results and optimize future campaigns.
- Be the local market expert, and work closely with regional APAC marketing & communications team (Campaigns, Digital Marketing, Events, Content, PR) to surface country insights and customer success stories, aligning to ensure consistency in brand identity and narratives
- Collaborate with regional & global marketing & communications teams, designers, product managers, subject matter experts, and external influencers and agencies to produce inspiring brand programs
- Work cooperatively and effectively with the sales team to identify and support target merchants.
- Create an inspiring and positive environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Profile & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in managing teams and building executive level enterprise relationships
- 7+ years experience in marketing strategy, digital marketing, demand generation, event management, content management or field marketing
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical aptitude
- An energetic self-starter with a proven commercial edge
- Excited to head up and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Strong team player with a desire to work in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think ahead, engage proactively and make great things happen
- Have a successful track record in high tech branding to business audiences
- Strong communication skills in both Japanese and English (verbal and written)
- Strong project management skills
- This role is based in Tokyo which will report to the Head of Marketing APAC (based in Australia)
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.