This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Strategy & Operations Manager - Product
As a Strategy & Operations Manager, you’re responsible for connecting the dots across our global product organisation. You support the global product team in challenging the status quo and defining and implementing best practices globally. Your goal will be to enable growth of our Product teams globally.
What you’ll do:
Facilitate and coordinate Product Leadership meetings and activities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the global Product Organisation
- Support the building of our global product community
- Run the agenda and follow-up of key meetings
- Support the identification and continuous prioritisation of key initiatives
- Coordinate annual planning (OKR framework) and quarterly updates
- Support product leaders in collecting and preparing updates to the management board
- Co-create product goals and strategies with teams, defining together with the team leads and their teams as well as sharpen their plans based on internal data and market research
- Own updates on hiring/ talent management / succession planning with HR
- Deep-dive into data to spot opportunities as well as risks or issues to be addressed; co-design follow-up actions
- Understand how tools and software solutions can be used together to help a product function scale
- Centralise what makes sense across Adyen globally - tools, ways of working, dashboards - while enabling teams locally to be most effective in any given market
- Drive knowledge sharing across the product organisation, ensure learnings flow back into the organisation
Product Project management:
- Identifying, scoping, rolling-out, and tracking impact of projects across the global product organisation (i.e. cross-solution and not only one solution or team)
- Work with the product analyst team to establish a more data-focused approach on tracking results and way of working in general within the product teams
- Implement, educate and help execute the product teams on a data-driven way of working.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience supporting as a strategy consultant and/or (strategic) project manager, ideally with direct or indirect commercial exposure understanding
- You have experience in a product/ tech-oriented company
- You are data-driven and live by an analytical approach to inform your decision-making
- You are an experienced problem solver: you identify road blocks independently and proactively, and are able to design and implement innovative solutions
- You are flexible in how you manage diverse stakeholders and create buy-in
- You are strongly execution-oriented and very hands-on in getting things done
- You have experience with go-to-market strategies, business cases and market studies
- You are adaptable and comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be driving multiple projects whilst continuously evaluating and prioritising them to maximise impact
- You always keep a big picture, strategic view but don’t mind digging into the details
- Preferred experience with Salesforce, Looker, or other business intelligence tools
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical approaches are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.